ROADCLUB: LEAGUE RACING
Inspired by classic top-down racers Roadclub is our evolution of this retro racer genre.
(Super Cars II, Super Sprint, Micro Machines and Death Rally to name a few)
- Fight to get promoted to higher divisions
- Feel the road like never before in a 2D racer
- Learn the personality of the cars
- Master the tracks and set records - local and online
- Challenge your friends and foes to local multiplayer races!
- Rock to the amazing soundtrack featuring music by Zircon
Roadclub is a racing club where the members fight their way to the top division in a soccer-like league system to challenge the Roadclub Master.
Join the club!
You are invited to Roadclub aspiring to become the new Roadclub Master. You start your journey with just a basic car and will then race, collect cars, upgrade and challenge members to races to increase in rank and move up in the divisions of the Roadclub League and thereby unlock new cars, tracks and leagues to play on your way to the final Roadclub Master challenge where you have a chance to take over the title as the best in the club.
Roadclub features one of the most advanced car physics engines ever in a top-down view game where all the parts of a car are modeled and the final game will include a full featured single player experience with the career mode and even editors to make your own tracks, cars and leagues!
- THE ROADCLUB IS ALIVE - Roadclub is filled with fellow members that you'll learn to recognize that make their own decisions on the track as well as between races.
They give you a real challenge as well as make mistakes, they have personalities that dictates how they handle different situations in the race and how they manage their economy. Some are more aggressive and will honk at you for being too slow, some are careful and avoid danger as much as they can. They'll upgrade their cars and make choices they regret in the car shops. They'll try to beat your track records. They behave as members in the club just like you.
- LOCAL MULTIPLAYER - Challenge your friends and foes for a race to see who's the most badass top-down racer!
- STEAM LEADERBOARDS - Challenge your ONLINE friends by beating their times on the global and friends leaderboards!
- ADVANCED 2D CAR PHYSICS - Everything from individual tyre grip, transmission mechanics, drivetrain quirks, engine types, downforce, air resistance, car balance and weight transfer is modeled in the game granting all cars a unique feel depending on their design and properties.
Feel the grip change as you accelerate, handbrake and slide around the tracks. This makes for a very dynamic car selection where not only the stats of the car matters but how you like the character of your car is just as important. A front wheel drive car with moderate power which understeers might suit you better than that insanely powerful rear wheel drive one that kicks out the rear as soon as you touch the gas. You'll have to experiment and try the cars to find the favorite that'll take you fastest to the final challenge!
- LEAGUES - The main league works much like in soccer, i.e. there are several divisions of racers in the club, a season of races and depending on your skills and your car you move up or down divisons as you win or come last when all races in a season are completed.
- BUY, COLLECT, TWEAK AND UPGRADE CARS - Unlock, buy and store cars in your ever-expanding garage. Some cars let you tweak how they perform and may require repairs after your previous race. All cars can be upgraded up to 10 times on several different properties like engine, weight reduction and nitro power but each car have their individual base properties and as the cost of upgrading increases this leaves you to make the choice as to where your money is most cleverly put to take you ahead of the competition. Is it better to upgrade the car you have as the cost of upgrades increase or is it time to buy a car with better base stats and cheaper upgrades?
- AWESOME SOUNDTRACK - We think the music for a game like this is a huge part of the experience and we'll make sure to deliver an even better soundtrack for the Steam release. Games like Death Rally that inspired Roadclub really wouldn't have been the same without Purple Motions incredible classic soundtrack for Remedys game. We are talking to some great indie artists we think you'll like but aren't ready to reveal any details just yet.
- ALL DEVELOPER EDITORS INCLUDED - All the in-house tools we created and used to craft the cars, tracks, leagues and opponents in the game are included! Make your next run for the Roadclub Master your own.
Developer update! Sadly this won't happen for the initial release anymore. While the editors work, there is a lot more to do to make them work well within the steam eco-system and in order to release the game as soon as possible we think the current preloaded package is standing well on its own. We will continue to work towards a Steam Workshop update if the community shows enough interest for it because frankly, it will take a lot of work.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR GAME - All content is easily accessible in the games folders and changes are picked up by the game so you can add and modify to your hearts desire. Add your own music to the game, add your own car designs, add new tilesets for the map editor, add your own portraits to the opponent members for a more personal experience next time you play.
- DIFFICULTY SETTINGS - Choose between several difficulty settings to give you the optimal challenge for maximum fun!
The game is a single-player experience and we're aiming at a 2017 release. The game is being built with our own custom SolidEngine which uses DirectX 9 for graphics and only runs on Windows at this time.
Remaster and itch.io early access
As you may have heard, Roadclub was previously released in December 2008 and sold through our own website until recently when it was greenlit on Steam and we of course decided to take this opportunity and polish it for modern times and re-release it to a wider audience.
About (the lack of) online multiplayer
We've gotten a few requests to add online multiplayer to the game.Online multiplayer is sadly not a reasonable possibility because of the huge amount of time it would take us to convert the custom tech it is built upon for networking, create the multiplayer component and modify the game mechanics to really make it a good experience. We hope the single-player and local multiplayer experiences will be memorable and fun enough!
Youtuber or streamer?
We love and encourage youtubers and streamers to stream and make videos featuring the game. Please link to our store page if you do!
Steam Early Access
This Steam Early Access game is currently not a finished game and may or may not change significantly over the course of development. To learn more about Steam Early Access, please visit http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/